Sobralia xantholeuca

Plaats reactie
arpad

Sobralia xantholeuca

Bericht door arpad » 18-04-2017 06:23

ik wil deze soort graag overpoten in een grote pot,maar in welke grond kan deze.grove of fijne bark?

Michiel Janssen

Bericht door Michiel Janssen » 18-04-2017 12:48

http://www.aos.org/AOS/media/Content-Im ... ralias.pdf

Pagina 917 en verder gaan over potting mix. Misschien heb je daar wat aan.
Potting Mixes I have found that sobralias do well in almost every type of medium, as long as the drainage is perfect and the mix echoes the culture the plant receives. For example, a plant grown in a high percentage of bark receives more water than a mix with a higher percentage of dirt, which would retain more water. In San Francisco, in general, I use a mix of fine redwood bark and large-grade perlite, occasionally adding fine charcoal pieces or shredded coconut fiber, lava rock, dirt or whatever else is around. Plants and seedlings that I believe are important are planted in the finest-quality New Zealand sphagnum moss.

How to Repot If the plant has filled its pot, I try to remove the plant as carefully as possible. Sobralia roots attach themselves firmly to a clay pot, and if you wish to preserve the pot, take a sterilized thin sharp knife and insert it between the pot and the rootball and slowly cut around the pot, freeing the roots. Wash the rootball off, cleaning it but leaving it intact. If the rootball is healthy, repot the plant into a container that is at least twice the volume of the rootball.
Good drainage or death!

arpad

Bericht door arpad » 19-04-2017 05:43

bedankt

Plaats reactie